As a business owner, probably you have an account with different social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google + and many others. But have you considered using the Instagram network?
Whilst many people have the opinion that Instagram is for personal use, it is far from that. Yes, it is a social media network that supports sharing and posting of different photos. However, with proper integration, it can be a very profitable platform for you.
With over 400 million users, Instagram is growing at a fast rate and you can use the growth to your advantage.
Before you begin
Before you proceed with the process of building your brand on Instagram, you need to first know the different dynamics of the network.
Firstly, you will be required to open an Instagram account. The process is easy and simple. Because you are seeking to build your brand, you need to first need to open a regular Instagram account and learn about the different features that you can use to promote your business.
Tips of using Instagram
1. Set your business goals.
Before you can successfully use the social media network, you need to first know why you want an Instagram account. You will also be required to state the kinds of benefits you seek to get from the account. The goals that you set need to be directly related to the mission of the business.
To successfully have profitable goals, you need to set goals that are SMART:
- Specific; that is the goals need to be related to the product or the service that you are offering
- Measurable; you need to set parameters that will help you in determining if you have achieved the goals or not
- Attainable; do not set unrealistic goals. That will only add more pressure to the business
- Relevant; the goals need to be directly linked to the growth of the business and also customer satisfaction.
- Time based; you need to give yourself a time limit for achieving the said goals.
To achieve your goals you need to create a strategy. Remember that the strategy should mirror your larger marketing plan.
2. Set your business guidelines.
These are the guidelines that are going to govern the Instagram account for your business. It is thus important for you to discuss with your team members on the type of guidelines that you should have.
Every business is unique but there are general guidelines that you can have.
- Decide on the type of pictures that you are going to be positing; remember that the posts need to be related to the type of product or service that you have.
- Determine on the quality of pictures; it is quite pivotal for you to have professional photos on your account. This is a marketing strategy and the type of posts you have may attract or drive away followers
- Use suitable designs; Instagram has different features that you can take advantage of to edit your photos
- Have a content creator; it is important for you to have a person who will be responsible for posting the Instagram content. This will enhance consistency and maintain the quality of the posts.
3. Have a schedule. Because this is a social media network, you need to have a schedule for posting the photos.
It is important for you to keep your followers engaged. You may decide to post content twice or three times in a day depending on the dynamics of the business. The key here is to have a specific schedule and stick to it.
4. Optimize your brand.
Yes, positing content regularly may give a small number of followers. But for you to meet your set goals, you need to optimize your posts.
- You need to include a business logo or name in your posts
- Make your account public; this will enable people to follow you instantly without waiting for you to confirm them. This will also increase your number of followers.
- Add your full business name to the posts
- Enter details to your posts; this may include links to your website
- You need to have a suitable content; the content should be customer focused
- It is also important for you to customize your posts
5. Create great posts.
What stands between you and Instagram success is the type of posts that you have. Having great and well written posts will promote the look on your account and hence attract more followers. To create a great post you need to;
- Avoid using hard or formal language; this is to say that you need to use simple English that most people can understand. Remember that the people who use Instagram are people from the ‘generation Y’ category particularly teenagers and young adults who use modern day slang to communicate.
- Have professional photos; this cannot be emphasized enough- your photos need to be clear and of great quality.
- Capture your brand’s culture; you need to have posts that reflect your mission as a company
- Relate to your followers but stay relevant to your brand
- Have engaging hash tags; by now you have probably noticed that people who generate news usually use the # – hash tag. You can take advantage of that and connect with your followers by having interesting topics of discussions.
6. Analyze your account.
It is important for you to know if the goals you set are being achieved or not.
The best way for you to do to is have a report of your account. Now, unlike other social media platforms, Instagram doesn’t have that feature. You will therefore have to use other software to generate your report.
7. Utilize the tools on Instagram.
There are many different features that are included on Instagram. You can take advantage of the special effects to edit your posts. Another feature that you can use is the Instagram app. This will enable you to connect with your followers regardless of where you are.
If you like this kind of stuff you may be interested in another post we have on being a video star ‘Earn from YouTube Partner Program.’ Lemme know what your experience with Instagram is in the comments below and we will talk soon.