Prepare the night before for the day ahead.
Make a “Top 5” list. To do this simply:
Write out your TOP 5 things you want to get done for the next day. You can take a standard 8.5 x 11 notebook or printer paper, fold it in half and write the day on it for a title.. i.e Monday. (as the title)
Once you write the five things you want to get done. Number them by priority. #1 being the most important. So go ahead and number them 1. 2. 3…
Here is example of Top 5 List: (notice you don’t have to have exactly 5 items & you don’t have to number all items.)
Do #1 on your Top 5 To Do list.
This should be the Most Important thing that you need to do. The One thing that if you do it, cold propel your business/career forward and have the most impact on it. The One Thing that f you don’t get anything else done that day you would still be satisfied. Eat that frog, get it done & out of the way.
Do #1 completely, finish it before going on to #2. Then do #2 before going on to #3, etc.
If you look around and see other people are not working as hard as you are you have to ask yourself. “I’ve asked for a lot. Do I want it or not?”
If you know:
- Exactly what you want (you must have clarity, be specific). Crystal clear & the results will appear.
- What you’re willing to do to get it. (price you must pay)
- Believe you will get it. (visualize the goal)
- Deserve you will get it
- As long as it don’t defy the natural laws and it is within reason. You will get it!
- You could be a world class arm wrestler. But you don’t just walk up the the biggest guy in a place and challenge him, thinking you will win. There would be a certain amount of planning, training, preparation and you would want to be in the same weight class as your opponent. Otherwise you might shred some muscles & gain injury. So you’d want to be smart about it.
Have a list of goals & a plan of action for your life.
- This alone will get you in the top 3% accumulating more Financial Success than the 97% combined)
#1. Have CLEARLY DEFINED written GOALS that YOU WANT to ACCOMPLISH.
- Are you clear on what you want? For this to work you will need to by CRYSTAL CLEAR.
- Example: If I wanted you to meet me in Wisconsin, would you need any more information to get you to our meet? We need to have Crystal clarity… city, address, inside/outside, and etc. This is how we get the results we want.
Not I wanna loose weight but i will be 130 lbs. by December 31st. Or I will have 32″ waist by such n’ such date.
And if you need help you can say “I surrender”. Anything you want help with just surrender it to God. Let Him take the yoke & help with the heavy lifting.
#2. Ask what is the “One Thing”, that if I do it right now, would gimme the best/most important results. Ask yourself: “Is this the best use of my time and energy?” “What matters the most in my life?”
Start on that task immediately & commit to getting it done until activity complete. (rags to riches)
#3. It’s who you know. Learn to understand people, their wants, needs, desires & how you can help them. Then they will want to help and or give back to you. These important people could be your customers, co-workers, boss, spouse, etc.
#4. Health conscious. Get plenty of rest. Energy.
#5. Keep it Honest. This gives people a firm foundation to stand on when they are dealing with you.
#6. Self-Discipline definition: “The ability to make yourself do what you should do when you should do it, whether you feel like it or not.” Anyone can do something if they feel like it.
So in order to develop self-discipline you will need to do things even if you don’t feel like doing them.
- Think of the benefits you will receive from doing the task at hand. Example: Eating good whole foods will cause you to feel better, more energy, live longer, etc.
- Analogy: You can’t vacuum the house unless you plug in the vacuum cleaner.
- Once you get started you, once you get the bolder rolling… The momentum part is so much easier.
3. Put a rubber band on your wrist. Anytime you think or do something negative, snap yourself & the pain will encourage you to think & do positive.
What is the one Most Important Habit that you can develop right now that will help you more than any other to achieve your Most Important Goals? Begin immediately to put that habit into action ever day until you do it automatically, without thinking about it.
#7 Big 10 Idea Exercise – Can help you get more clients, come up with a new headline for your blog post, or help to plan out your big goals and dreams for your life. Maybe attracting a new partner or to plan how to make that great escape to the vacation of your dreams. Think big… and then think even BIGGER to your wild ideas. You don’t have to perfect, just come up with ideas.
Good Entrepreneurial Daily Habits
Seek out opportunities (business) everywhere (like magic they may surprisingly appear) & be eager to learn about unsatisfied needs and unsolved problems.
If you find you do your office work in a noisy environment, you could implement the habit of playing background music such as this by YellowBrickCinema – Relaxing Music:
If you like this article you may want to check out our Morning Ritual.