Summary of Jaime Masters Webbie
What is causing you NOT to hit 10k/month?
- Get up earlier & work 12-16 hour days
- Get back to writing goals
- Different storage unit
- Remodel house
- Side hustle – band or dj
- Spend to make money, conservative on other spending
- Save 10%
Frustrated, stressed and worried about paying bills (if continues for 3-12 months/years)
- Feel the pain so you commit
What would the future look like if you could make $10k/month?
- Hire a team so you don’t have to do crap you don’t want to
- Hire recruiting company so you don’t have to look for employees
- Spend more time w/family
- Weekly massage
MAP To 10K
- Millionaire Mindset
- Sale (Foundational skills)
- -> Delegation
- Marketing message
Repeat last 3 steps! ->
- This will lead to more SALE$
- With each new hire, my business grows exponentially…
- I spend little to no time selling my services! (when u get marketing right)
- I spend less time marketing and more time building authentic community…
1. DELEGATE IT! (free up your time)
“You are 5 hires away from becoming a millionaire.” – Gary Keller
- Hire someone else at a lower pay rate (figure out their strengths)
- Time is money. You can duplicate your time if you can duplicate your money.
Time/Task Tracking (spreadsheet) – track what you do for 3-5 days.
- To know what you’re doing
- What to get you to stop doing (not have to be doing)
- What to get you to level up doing
Task name Category $$ Next action
- Write blog posts/content creation
- Scheduling clients
- Project management
- Service clients
Make a huge list of tasks that you do
- Put a dollar amount of how much that task would be worth/hour.
Email – $10-15/hour
Scheduling – $10/hour
Content generation/copywriting/sales – $50/hour
Toggle.com – time tracking
Fancyhands.com – Per task delegation on admin type stuff $40-100/month …$3-5/task
Who can fill this role? And how much time they are taking.
- If only 4 hours – hire a contractor, you don’t need an employee
- Start delegating
2. REFINED MARKETING MESSAGE (no brainer)
- Are your marketing methods working
- Will they scale
Why does somebody buy from YOU and not someone else? (Key Differentiator)
- Experience, ability, quality, timeliness, fair prices, compassion & attitude (like Sam), likeability: personality, man of few words, encourage others to talk, enthusiasm & 2 more
- Marketing message is refined enough so THEY understand why they buy from YOU
- Tons of reviews(credibility): Crazy Guarantees!
- You will become KNOWN for that. Understand from buyer’s perspective, why their picking you.
- You have more reviews on Yelp, you look amazing, have all the credibility, track record, all the experience & they can find that out in 2 seconds speaking their language
Action: Think of one happy customer (avatar) and think of what specifically drives them. And pick one that is good at paying. (easily so you don’t have to chase)
Talk to them on phone/in person to get to know their language.
- Send a survey and get their phone #
- Talk to 5-10 people and ask questions…
- “Why did you buy? Or why did you decide to hire me? (for drywall it can be as simple as they wanted a general contractor who can do the whole job)
- “What did you try before that didn’t work?”
- “What matters most to them?”… time, price or?
- “What problem did you have before, that you wanna solve?”
- Look for combinations/patterns (may not be just one thing)
- If you’re using a lead magnet or opt-in… If you can describe their problem better than they can, they think you have the answer and that you’re a genius.
You could do like PriceLine, spray and pray marketing: talk to who you are targeting, in this case it was Mom’s (decider of vacations for the family).
What they found, that saved them a ton of money, was when the mom’s were most receptive to marketing. Mom’s typical day is taking care of kids and they were most receptive while waiting to pick their kids up after school, between the hours of 2-4p.m. Then they advertised on radio stations that the moms listened to.
Testimonials, Guarantees, Social proof (builds trust and credibility)
- Win major award(s)
- Video testimonial of before & after story (looks real)
- Guarantee that will give their money back (if they use it)
- Social – many, many people, like how Jamey interviews all the millionaires (unique)
Talk to 5 of your customers/clients
- If you can, record the calls & transcribe them
- They will tell you what they care about, helping you find more customers
Choose to add 1 of these: Testimonials, Guarantees or Social Proof
TIP: helparepoter.com – gives you press
3. Distribution (to larger audience)
- Access more people easier.
Think of your most popular program,sale, product, service, etc that you sell the most of on the average.
- Could be a $10 book, you would have to sell 1,000 of them to get $10k/month
- Or if you have a $1000 product, you only need to sell 10
How many people, companies, etc. you would have to sell each month
- 25 Patch jobs
- 4 Remodel jobs
- 2 Houses
(Recurring revenue is easier)
“Marketing is out; develop authentic relationships with engaged, meaningful communities is in. We have to connect with those communities and we often have to create those communities.” – Nicholas Webb
- kinda like word of mouth
- you have their attention
- Associations – you can partner with and do free webinars for them
- Strategic Partnerships – promoting to other people’s audiences (affiliate stuff) (w/network marketing companies, etc)
- Already build communities
- Facebook, Linkedin, communities
- Get in front of others
- Social media channels
- Amazon or lately been heading toward e-commerce
- Etc, etc!
Do you have a method working already? (then level it up)
Choose ONE distribution channel to go after (new one)
- Referrals – ask for them (kwik cash… but if you want to really ramp it up….
- I.e If you have been sending a product to 30 influencers on Instagram, increase to 60-100/month
- Figure out what works and then level it up
- Make a list of contacts or resources & test
* Choose one of the 3 Action Items
Delegation – Make a list of your tasks
Marketing message – Refine!
Distribution – Test one tactic
Choose 1 goal (FOCUS)
5 Active action weekly